Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Coming back to life, it's totally possible.



I have about 5 posts that are half-written. I can't seem to spit out what I want these days, or it could also be that there's so much going on. A lot of changes have been happening, most of them really good.

I've been able to sit out in the sun and do my readings/study for school and it's been fantastic. I've also been meeting with my OT a lot, and we've been making some pretty cool writing tools. Still working out the kinks as to what works best, but I think it's also a day to day thing because our bendy bodies change so much, even throughout the day. The biggest news is that my dysautonomia has gotten so much better. I've stayed away from the ER for 3 months now, which is a new record.


Check out the video, it will explain more.



Now, this is not to say that I've been "cured" or anything from dysautonomia, but the symptoms are being managed and we've found what works. That in itself, is worthy of celebration in my eyes. Considering I lost a year and pretty much everything else in my life, I am beyond elated at the progress and now stability. It's so nice to be able to focus my energy on what I want, instead of just surviving.

I hope you can all find something that works for you, where you can feel good in every possible way. There's nothing like coming back to life...nothing....

p.s. Jerome 2.0 says "Hi". I still can't lay on my stomach and because of my awesome proprioception, high pain tolerance and poor wound healing, I keep hurting myself. It doesn't help that last week someone caught their bags on my tubing and yanked it out while I was going down the stairs. Here's to hoping Jerome fully heals soon. I'd like to be comfortable again as it's been almost a month, but it took forever to heal before so I'm not surprised.


"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens for you, knowing that every step is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."
(Brian Tracy)

1 comment:

  1. Love and hugs pretty lady!! I'm glad to hear you're doing better, and staying out of the hospital longer.

    Sending happy healing thoughts to you and Jerome 2.0!!

    BubbleGirl

    ReplyDelete