Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear: Chateau Mt.Sinai 14th floor nurses and GI team,

Just so you know, you were fantastic and I really appreciate it.

Thank you for all of these things.

1) Taking time to learn about EDS in all of it's glory.
2) Joking around with me about it.
3) Being patient with my crazy body.
4) Listening to me.
5) Making good things happen.
6) Bringing me big cups of apple juice with lots of ice in it.
7) Using paper-tape.
8) Being gentle with my body.
9) Making me comfortable as possible.
10) Singing in the hallways.
11) Stopping in to say hi and have a lollipop.
12) Letting me be independent as possible.
13) Being open-minded.
14) Being compassionate.
15) Seeing me as me, and not just the girl with EDS.
16) Letting me see some of you, and not just the staff.
17) Speaking up for me.
18) Giving me space to hate the world when I needed it.
19) Letting me sleep in, mmmmmmmm sleep.
20) Bringing me 50 million blankets so I could hold my body together.
21) Helping whenever possible, even with my stubborness.
22) Respecting my decisions.
23) Teaching me.
24) Sending juju.
25) Being ninjas.

P.S. Thank you for taking part in my lollipop revolution :)

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then, go do that because what the world needs, is people who come alive" (Howard Thurman)

No comments:

Post a Comment