Sunday, January 9, 2011

When you're sick and can't do much of anything, this is what ensues


That's where things with Jerome are standing right now. We are not friends. The same goes for dysautonomia, it's been a blast around here.


I'm still tachycardic and it hasn't really gone away at all. My HR has been sitting around 88-92 since Friday. If I'm really lucky it will go back down to my usual 65 for a bit. Doing anything will make it spike though, standing still in the shower got me up to 132. After sitting for about 10 min it went down to 120. I put 500mls of fluids concoction through J and my HR went down some more to the high 80's. Thank you sea-salt and magnesium. Then I started feeling pukey and refluxing like a mofo. By then it was 2pm and I hadn't had anything in me for 13 hrs. I knew I'd feel gross regardless of what I did, so Jerome had some Vega mix and 500mls of water. I managed to keep it down but there was a lot of heaving and reflux up to my ears and out of my nose. Like you wanted to know eh?

3 hrs later and I'm still refluxing and feeling pukey. I might try to eat in a few hours and see what happens. Last night it resulted in a lot of pain and had me feeling more ass-tastic. It also took forever to get anything down because of good ole' dysphagia which gets worse with dysautonomia. I figure if I can get 1.5L of fluids, Vega mix and some food in every 24hrs then it's not too horrible. Although I should be trying for more. Oh yeah, while drinking my little sips of water as per. ER doctor's orders, I managed to choke on it and aspirate. I'm hoping it won't turn into pneumonia because that stuff really knocks me out.

This weekend has been pretty uneventful in terms of actually doing anything like a normal human. However, I've been able to finger-paint which makes me happy. I hope you're ready for an onslaught of photos. They're all "art" and finger-paintings. Hahaha I have way better things to do with my time, but can't. Thanks EDS.


My interpretation of an collagen cell affected by EDS.


Monkey and I did this a while ago, it lives on my back-door.










I started this one last night, laying while laying on the floor. I guess I was feeling ass-tastic enough for a nap, because I fell asleep for about 2hrs, while still on the floor with paint on my hands. The red is suppose to be orange, it looks kinda morbid don't you think?




Here's to hoping tomorrow is going to be a better day.

-"When Jerome starts behaving himself, we'll have to have some drinks over Skype or something. It will be awesome. You can drink with your new neck brace on and I can do vodka shots through my tube."
-"YOU ARE ON!!!, We need to set a date...you name it, I'll be there. Shots for you, and wine for me. Wait, I'll do a shot!"

(Facebook bendy friend Jennifer)

1 comment:

  1. Please, please be very careful when you try to drink water. My Grandpa passed on a year and a half ago because of aspirated pneumonia for the fourth time in three years. (He had a feeding tube, too.)

    It sucks that you are feeling so yucky. I hope you start feeling a little better soon. I know you have a lot to deal with and you are very brave in dealing with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete