Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Steps

I'm slowly being able to get back to life and am very happy to say that the killer headaches/migraines are now gone. My neck is still a bit crunchy and needs to be supported throughout the day, but it's nothing close to what it was a week ago. I went back to taiko the other night and it was fabulous! I was really sore after-wards but it was well worth it. I'm no longer spending ridiculous amounts of time sleeping, but am back to having insomnia again. Although sleep deprivation is no fun, I come up with my most brilliant ideas and blog posts between the hours of 2-5am. That's got to count for something right?

I just started a new homeopathic remedy to hopefully help control pain, how nice would it be if it worked?

I'm on my way to getting back to school, the mountain of paperwork seems to be getting bigger, but I'm making little dents in it here and there. My funding application for my AFO's is being reviewed, crossing my fingers they approve it. I need them ASAP, my ankles are getting worse as each day goes on. Speaking of ankles, I did another modification to my ankle braces. For a while, I was taping ankles and super-gluing stick-mat to the tape for taiko, so I could have some traction. During my two weeks in bed, I had another brilliant idea and decided to give it a try. It involves Velcro, Gorilla-glue and a cut-up yoga mat. Now, I have soft, durable and removable traction whenever I need it. I still refuse to wear shoes with my braces in the summer, it's too hot. I'm hoping I might be able to do the same thing with the AFO's when I finally get them.

Other than that, not much else has changed. I'm still sick and tired of being bendy and tired. EDS is exhausting in every possible way. Ugh! I know a lot of us in the bendy world are having a really, hard time with all that EDS has to offer right now. When your entire body doesn't work properly, just trying to make it through the day can feel like an overwhelming and daunting task. Staying in bed is often appealing, but it won't get us anywhere and EDS will never go away. I came across this video and think we should all do the same thing. Especially, the little happy dance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

That's it from this end for now, sending positive thoughts with sunshine and lollipops out to the universe.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! what a ride."
(unk own)

No comments:

Post a Comment